Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dossier complete & other fun stuff

Well, we have our dossier completely finished. The two documents that were authenticated in Olympia arrived earlier this week. Since we took this week "off", we will go through it one last time and then mail it to Dove on Friday. They will go through it and make sure it is complete and then send it on it's way/ultimately to Addis Ababa! Yea!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say that our entire past 7 months have gone quickly and without so much as a major hitch. Yes, this does mean that I've been a little superstitious in thinking that it's the calm before the storm. But since we know that Christ is in charge of our lives, we know we're being taken care of!

On another note, we met our new friend (and adopting mama of a daughter) Tania on Saturday. We went to Burqitu in Portland (great Ethiopian food, wonderful experience) for lunch. The time flew by and before we knew it, we'd been visiting for three hours! Tania began her adoption paper chase the same time we did and so far has had several of her milestones on the same exact day as well! It's very exciting. We may even be traveling at the same time!

As I said earlier, we took this week off. Off from everything pretty much! It's been busy, though. First of all, Monday morning Andrew surprised me by staying home from work all week. I woke up at 5:15 in alarm that he was missing his flight. He rolled over and mischievously said he was on vacation. Those of you who know this man know this is a character trait of his...always trying to surprise me...and always succeeding!
Andrew had planned a fun week of camping up at Cougar Camp (one of our favorite places that is close to home, about a 45 minute drive). We stayed two nights. The weather was awesome, the water was great.
We did come back into town since Elliot had the 3rd/4th grade annual pool party at his teacher's house and both kids had dental cleanings. That was the only appt. we did not cancel. Amazingly enough, we even cancelled the kids' piano lessons! (Shhh, don't tell his teacher that we're just being lazy this week!)
Today we're off to the Clark County Fair..."How the West Was Fun"! We are big fair goers and we went last week, too. Today is the big air motocross, which I LOVE. I pretty much go hoarse with screaming my head off for those guys. (yes, I know who Travis Pastrana is =o).

Well, that's the most of what's going on here lately.
I'll post as soon as I hear our dossier is in Ethiopia! Yea. Should be about two weeks at most. Well, maybe I'll post sooner. Who knows. There is back to school shopping to do for Chloe and Elliot (which I LOVE, too) and I might just take some pics and post them, although that's not my forte'!

Ta ta,
drubek

No comments:

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa