Wednesday, July 23, 2008

WE GOT IT


The "Golden Ticket"...the adoptive parents first proverbial baby kicks...the document we all wait for in this journey to bring home our children from far away...the coveted I171H arrived today in my mailbox! Are we excited? OH WAY YES!!!!!

In my haste to open the envelope, I got the nastiest paper cut ever. I couldn't open it all the way because I was dripping blood all over. Not wanting to mess up our precious piece of paper, I waited until I drove down the driveway and got indoors...put a bandaid on and THEN read the form. Yipppeeeee. This is truly a good day. I just wish Andrew & Chloe were home to enjoy and celebrate with Elliot and I. I'm baking chocolate chip cookies to celebrate...and you all know that for me to bake anything is pretty miraculous. I must be excited!


Drubek

4 comments:

Tania said...

Yeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! I'm almost as excited for you as I am for myself...haahaa.
Were you as UNIMPRESSED as I was with the packaging it came in? I had to laugh because the paper for the fingerprinting appointment was so "fancy", but this GOLDEN TICKET, was a plain white piece of paper that didn't fit in the envelope so had to have an extra inch of the side of it folded over. I'm NOT complaining though....I'm just happy to have it.

Tania

blessedbigtime said...

Congrats! That is wonderful news!! So happy for you...you are on your way!!

Diana Thornley
dossier to Ethiopia 6/13/08

Kim said...

Hi Rebecca,
Congratulations on your golden ticket arriving! The process in the US is quite different from up here in Canada.
I also just had a good laugh at the corn on the cob on your head! That's a great story and I am glad to hear your test came back normal.
Thank you so much for your comment, it put a huge smile on my face, am a bit blah right now and haven't been very active on the blog but I did post tonight.
If you are making your weight loss blog public, I would love to see it -- you can inspire me! I am starting back at the gym tomorrow - at least giving it a visitor pass try to see how my lower back holds up.
Seriously thanks again for the comment - it really brightens my day :-)
Hope you have a great weekend!

Cameo said...

DAMN! I haven't read your blog in a while (duh) and missed this post! CONGRATS!!!!!! MAKE COPIES!!!!

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa