Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Getting ready for school mornings!

Yesterday was the kids' first day back to school. Fifth and Seventh grades turned out to be very pleasant experiences for both of them so far!
This morning as I was blow drying my hair, the thought suddenly hit me (like a ton of bricks) "How am I EVER going to get 4 kids out the door on a school morning?????" We were right on time, but that was with two children. And, those two children can get their own breakfast for the most part, get themselves dressed, brush their own teeth, fix their own hair (well, Chloe does still need some help w/ the blowdryer, too) etc. etc.
I guess we'll just need to get up earlier and Chloe and Elliot will be very sweet and willing helpers for their little siblings, won't they? Yes, that's it.
Oh, and I realize that for a while the younger ones can get out the door in their jammies and eat their breakfast in their car seats =). This will be so wonderful. I truly miss those days. So, I guess I get these little panic attacks for no reason. God always gives me a positive thought just when I feel like we're getting in waaaay over our heads. Thank you God!!!!

Drubek

2 comments:

blessedbigtime said...

Wishing for a speedy referral for both of us!!! You will do fine!
Diana Thornley

A Whole new world for this Mom of boys. said...

You are a MOM!!!! God gave you this special ability to get done what needs to be done, when it needs to be done......No worries. Remember.......HE picks up the slack, and HE has made the way for these precious children to come into your lives.........HE won't leave you hangin! It's all GOOD! ;~)

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa