Thursday, August 21, 2008

Article in USA Today

Very good video...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2008-08-17-ethiopia_N.htm

Here is an article that explains some of the "why" we chose Ethiopia. I recently was told that I was being picky by adopting internationally...Everyone has an opinion, don't they? I like to take opinions to heart much like grocery shopping...I take what I need and can use, leaving the rest on the shelf for the next person.

Anyway, as we enjoy our meals, snacks and treats, let's remember what a blessing it truly is to live in our country! A country where food from our dumpsters is more inviting than what most Ethiopians are getting every day.

Drubek

3 comments:

alpidarkomama said...

Amen!!!

-Kerith

A Whole new world for this Mom of boys. said...

I applaud you for what you are doing. I wanted to adopt from Ethiopia a few years back....Lydell said a big fat NO MORE KIDS! It's amazing to me that some people don't know how "rich" we really are here in this country. With all of the programs out there for what is considered our "poor".....the "poor" have it good......and if you really look around you (in our country) what you and I consider to be "poor" is truly from their own "poor" choices! We take so much for granted in this country!!! My opinion......leave what you want on the shelf. LOL
KUDOS TO YOUR FAMILY YOU ARE DOING GREAT THINGS!!!

blessedbigtime said...

Hey..please email me privately so we can chat! :)
gcthornley@aol.com

Diana Thornley

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa