Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Updates on Ruby & Roman

What a blessing to log on today and see that Tami from our agency had sent us updates on Roman and Ruby!!! Roman is no longer the teensy weensie little peanut that he's shown in the past two updates! His cheeks are pudgy and fat, well rounded and his little wrists are chunky with rings around where the fat meets his hand! I am so thrilled about this! His medical report says that he anticipates eating and smiles at his caregivers. They also say he is an active and healthy child! Yeah!!!
Ruby is CRAWLING! I am so sad we are missing this, but so happy that she is healthy and active and motivated!!! I think I can anticipate a strong willed child??? She also seems very serious in all the pictures and her medical report does not indicate that she smiles, but I'm sure she does. And, I must mention that she has quite the baby 'fro going on!!! Her little head is covered in what seems to be tight little curls! So, I will definitely be purchasing a lot of ribbons and bows, beads and bands! =)
Both children have had several tests and all are negative. Neither have teethed, contrary to an initial update saying that Roman had two teeth already. Whew!

For my OKC pals, Andrew will have pictures to show off next week! You won't believe the difference in these kids! Especially Roman!

May you all have a beautiful Thanksgiving Holiday. We have SO MUCH to praise God for!

drubek

2 comments:

Tania said...

One thing is for sure....TOUKOUL orphanage is AWESOME. They take such good care of our babies. It is so neat to see how much these babies change with a little love and food. I'm so happy to hear that your little peanut is now a peanut butter cup! You MUST send me pics....I'm not leaving till Friday so I have plenty of time to stalk my inbox till I get those updated pictures.

Have a fabulous Thanksgiving.

Life in the Bend said...

Hi Rebecca,

Our kids were also at Toukoul (we adopted through Dove) and were well cared for. Norah was also very tiny (7.9 pounds at 3 months when we received her referral) and is now consistently in the middle of the growth chart (I think she weighs about 25 pounds now at 16 months). They are fed on a strict schedule at Toukoul and she had horrible reflux when we met her. Once we arrived home and began feeding her on demand she caught up very quickly. This is VERY common from what I've heard from other families, so try not to worry about Roman too much. I'm sure he will pack on the baby fat once he's home with his new family.

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa