Monday, December 1, 2008

Baby Showers Galore!

I apologize to everyone who planned my baby shower on Nov. 23. I should have posted something about it already. With Thanksgiving and the update on the babies happening the day before, I guess I just had an oversight!
So, my sister Cindy, my oldest friend Jennifer and my husband all collaborated on throwing me a surprise baby shower a few weeks ago. And, although all of these people SHOULD KNOW how much I hate surprises, they went and did it anyway! It was a LOVELY turn out. I am very blessed by all the friends I have. I was feelin the love as they went around the room and told how they know me and the friendship we share. Andrew hosted some very fun games and hopefully educated some of the attendee's on Ethiopian culture. He outdid himself and I think all those ladies were quite impressed with his game throwing talents!
In the middle of the room (THANK YOU DANA, for hosting!!!) was a huge stack of gifts. Ruby and Roman got more clothes than they possibly can wear and we also got a wonderful supply of books!!! A very dear friend got us the much needed high chair that attaches to a regular chair and we also got some toys. I would take pics but I'm heading out to Costco and the doctor's office. But, I will do this soon...
Again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for such a wonderful shower. Good thing it wasn't a complete surprise, otherwise ya'll would have been in BIG trouble! =)
I love you!

drubek

No comments:

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa