Monday, November 10, 2008

Praying for a court date

I'm posting less and less lately because I hate to keep writing "We're waiting on this, or that, or nothing new to report!"
But here it is..."We're waiting on a court date...still!" I spoke with our agency director and she said court dates are coming in through mid December. She was not very optimistic that we would get a December court date, but possibly early January and then we will travel in February. Ugh. We really NEED to travel in January due to the rates for airfare going up after then. Since we have been saving to fly exclusively by United points, we really would like to be able to do this and not have to pay a huge sum of money on top of the points. Right now we have enough points for all of us to fly business class to Ethiopia...after the end of January, not so likely. We may be spoiled, but on a 19+ hour flight, we'd really like to stay in business class, all together, too.

Anyway, enough whining...I am adding another poll! Since the last one was SO successful (hee hee) I'm hoping this one will bring us good luck, too!
Please vote for which date you think we'll get our court date on!

And please, keep our court date and travel plans in your prayers. Right now that is the best thing you all can do to help us out. We love you!

Drubek

2 comments:

Tania said...

OK, I voted (dec 29th). You should be getting a call from your agency very soon to prove me wrong!!!!! :)

I hope you can fly in January when you can go Business Class....it will make a world of difference (although, I wouldn't really know as the only time I've been in business class was when I was on my way to Economy.....heehee).

as always, you are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

The waiting is so difficult! I remember taking my cell phone everywhere waiting for the call.
I vote for December 23rd. We flew business class on Lufthansa and it was sooooooooo wonderful!
Kim P.

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa