Sunday, November 16, 2008

Baby(s) Shower!

Last week I went to Oklahoma City for a few days to see where Andrew works and has spent each work week for the past (almost) six years. I met lots of wonderful people (Hi Judy, Jeanie, April, Pat...I'm sure I'm missing someone! =) and noticed that Oklahomans are very friendly everywhere we went. Even though I was only there a short time, the office staff threw together a lovely shower for us. They totally spoiled us and the babies, giving us clothing, blankets and gift cards! Even though it was the first time they had met me, they treated me like an old friend. I was very touched that so many of Andrew's co-workers made me aware of how much they think of my husband. I am a very blessed wife. I am proud that so many people think so highly of Andrew's work ethic. Yes, he is stubborn and bull headed...or as I like to call him, a "silver back gorilla". But, a lovable gorilla!

Anyway, I will post some pictures of some of the gifts we received when I get batteries for my camera.

And yes, we're still waiting on a court date for Ruby and Roman! Please keep those prayers going...and vote at my poll if you haven't already!

Drubek

1 comment:

Tania said...

How fun!!!!! I can't wait to see pics of all the "loot". :)

Keeping you in my prayers that you will get that court date SOON!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa