Monday, September 29, 2008

Tony Starlight's Supper Club

Andrew and I went on a wonderful date Saturday night. First off, we dropped our munchkins off at our dear friends house and then we went up to the Rose Gardens for a romantic dusk stroll. Since this is where Andrew proposed to me, it holds a very special spot in both of our hearts. Even though it wasn't our anniversary, we still marvelled that it's been over 18 years ago that we stood in that spot and said we would cherish and love each other forever.
Then we ate dinner at our favorite place, The Green Onion...a Persian place near PSU. Susan's ghormeh sabzi and the kabob is amazing. YUM! At eight we had reservations for Tony Starlight's Supper Club show. It was very good...a Neil Diamond impersonation night. Tony did a good job of sounding like Neil as well as keeping the crowd entertained! Afterwards, we tried to crash my sisters house but nobody was home...then we drove around town acting silly and playing 'slug bug'. My husband is my best friend. Yeah, we have some interesting disagreements, but when we are together, we are a riot! And we love being together.
We got home around 1am, giddy like teens without a curfew! Since our kids were spending the night elsewhere, we didn't have to pick them up until the next afternoon.
I highly recommend taking your sweety out...it should be a regular event. We both agreed that we needed to do that more often. And, since we are expanding to being parents of four, not just two, we will need those dates even more! But of course, only after we are all settled in and comfortable with this idea. I am not one to leave my kids often or with just anyone, so it'll be awhile before we go out after the babies are home...which leads me to...there is no word yet on our referral...
Dossier has been in country for one full month. No word at all...I am being patient and my nails are still intact.

Drubek

1 comment:

Rebecca and Andrew said...

Rebecca, your nails are beautiful! I am so proud of you for letting them grow out. Saturday night was awesome! I always have so much fun with you and can hardly believe we have been going to the Rose Gardens for 20+ years...it really feels like yesterday. Thank you for always putting up with my crap! You are awesome, beautiful, full of love and life. I love you! Andrew

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa