Monday, September 29, 2008

New well pump, dryer and paint!

When it rains, it pours sometimes. Lately we've been having a few things go 'bad' here and there. A few weeks ago we started having extremely low water pressure. It got to the point that we couldn't run the dishwasher or washing machine because with these new fangled appliances, the pressure was to low to start them! Taking showers was a joke for several days, all my flowers outside died because I couldn't water them. We called the repairmen out and they replaced the expensive pump to our well. Voila! All is back to normal.
Next, my clothes dryer stopped producing heat. Andrew, "Mr. Fix It" said, "No problem...I can replace the thermostat, I've done it before! No Problem!"...Did I say he said "No Problem"?? (Makes me chuckle because he has to try to fix everything before he'll buy a new one!) After he spent a few minutes practically under the dryer, he called me in to say how lucky (blessed) we are that the house did not catch on fire. A wire connecting to a part that connects to the thermostat was completely charred...like it had been soldered. All the insulation and rubber had fried and it was useless. He decided that whatever made it do that was not worth fixing on a 30+ year old dryer! So, off to Sears we went to buy a new one...which IS NOT in our budget.

On the happy side, we did buy new paint for our living room. After several mixing sessions...the Miller paint people gave up and told us to take our paint and shove....I mean, they said they couldn't put any more white in to lighten up my mistake...so to take it home, pour it into a five gallon bucket & add white until we got the desired color. AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!! The color is exactly what I wanted! It's perfect. Good thing we have so much of it, because there is no way Miller Paint has the mix #'s to do it again!

Drubek

No comments:

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa