Friday, September 19, 2008

Dove Events - Children's Museum

What fun! We went to Dove's planned event at the Children's Museum in Portland. We were there to meet Dove's attorney from Ethiopia, Sintayehu. A soft spoken & friendly man. We hope we will be seeing him soon in Addis in a few more months!
As we pulled up to the parking lot, we saw more mini vans than I've ever seen in my life. All lined up, in various colors and similar shapes, children spilling out from every door. What makes this event different than any other time I've been in similar places is that we were ALL there to fellowship with other families who are or have already adopted from Ethiopia! The little brown babies with bright, expressive eyes, beautiful curls and pudgy little bellies capture your heart as soon as you lay eyes on them. There were children of all ages, glowing with health and happiness.
What an amazing time. We met many families. Some were in the same stage as we are...waiting to be matched. Most had already traveled and we were able to go 'ga-ga' over their precious children. Everyone was so helpful and again, our family is SO, SO blessed that we found Dove!
God is Good!!
drubek

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was SO nice meeting your family this weekend! I hope there will be many more meetings in the future! Our prayers are with you as you wait for those two precious children to be at the time in their lives when they are ready for your family. Only God knows, but His timing is perfect.

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you at the Dove events! We enjoyed chatting with you. Keep in touch. Our email is chris and kim pasion @ mac .com (no spaces)
Kim P.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I hope you don't mind me commenting on your post! I was researching families online going through Dove Adoptions and I found your blog!! After reading your adoption information I wonder if it was meant to be that I saw your blog!! My husband and I are in the process of adopting two baby girls through Dove Adoptions and our Dossier arrived in Ethiopia Sept 4th (just a few days after yours!) How interesting it is we are both adopting two, our dossiers got there about the same time, also we are Christians from Spokane, WA (we are living in CA now but are moving back soon)! I would love to chat and know how your adoption process is going. If you are interested please email me at JJRohdes3@hotmail.com

Have a GREAT day and may God Bless your journey and may He bring all four of our babies home soon!

-Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hi,
What a beautiful blog. My husband and I are researching agencies (for our third adoption, sixth child) and when we "plugged in" Dove, your blog came up! We would love to talk to you about your experience! If you have time could you please drop us a line at kitkat_allmarrup@hotmail.com. I would love to hear more about your experiences with Dove!!!!
Having a Blast in Christ,
Kat

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa