Friday, March 21, 2008

Home from Hawaii


We're baaaaack! We got home late last night from nine AMAZING days in Kauai and Kona. When I have more time, I plan to list some fun places to go, eat, see, etc...if anyone would like to plan a similar trip to these beautiful islands!

But, since our blog is about our adoption, I should stick with the agenda! =)

It's late so I'll make it short tonight. We got our back mail delivered today and lo and behold!!! We received not only my certified birth certificates (from Montana) but our passports as well. These all arrived within a week of us applying for them. We were told the wait was at least four weeks! I keep pinching myself. Other adoptive parents have told us that we'll hit a "brick wall" and we'll get discouraged at some point...but for now, I can't even imagine that happening! Each little step has made me rejoice. I hope that even during the bumps along the way, we'll keep in mind that everything happens for a reason. And maybe, we'll be able to share each discouraging adventure with someone else who may be at that "brick wall".

Happy Easter Weekend!
Love, Drubek

No comments:

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa