Friday, March 7, 2008

And the momentum builds...

I woke up early (our dog, Hugo, wasn't helping by flicking his tail against the side of the bed while staring at me in great big huge puppy dog eyes saying "Let me out, pleasssssse?"). I can't help thinking about God's timing. I relayed this story to my good friend last night...everything happens for a reason and in God's time. It's a difficult thing to remember sometimes but it gives me comfort.

For instance, we are about to go on vacation and figured we'd start our adoption study (usually called a homestudy but I don't like that word as much =) when we returned...hopeful that the social worker, Mike, would be able to fit us into his schedule. I sent him an email requesting more information around 8pm...lo and behold, within the hour, Mike called back! It was a good conversation. He asked if Monday at 4pm would be a good time to have our very first adoption study meeting here at our house. WOW. So soon!!! I also want to mention that not only is Mike a very likeable guy but his fee's are reasonable and well below the other agency's fees I've heard about.

I thought back several months ago and realized how even before we made this adoption decision, God was working to pave the way. Andrew usually flies out on Mondays...this week he will not since we are going on vacation on Wednesday. He could easily have said he was working a few days and then would meet the rest of us in San Francisco (we've done this sort of thing in the past). I also usually work on Mondays, even if it's only three hours...I've planned to take it off for months. This way I have time to straighten up the house and devote time to adoption stuff where I may not have otherwise. None of this could have happened on a regular Monday. Mondays typically are very "filled up" days in the drubek home. Now, I don't know if anyone reading this can follow the significance of these events...but I don't believe there are any coincidences. In the words of a great Newsboys song "It's just a spirit thing!"

Drubek

No comments:

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa