Monday, March 10, 2008

First Adoption study meeting!

It’s 4:32pm and our social worker will be here ANY MOMENT.
The house is tidied up and we put in some new flowers outside so it looks like spring is really here. I think we’re ready for the unknowns of the dreaded homestudy! =}
Andrew picked up the kids after school so I could finish vacuuming and setting out a few snacks. I opted for fruit and little individual bottles of water in an ice tub. I’m so ready for summer and strawberries and grapes looked delicious! I can barely keep the kids out of it until Mike gets here!


Update...It is now past 9pm and the home/adoption study went really well. Our social worker, Mike, is a really laid back guy. His heart is genuine and caring. We all instantly liked him. Yes, we did what all new adoptive parents do before a homestudy...cleaned, cleaned, cleaned! =) We planted a few needed flowers (but for the record, we would have done that anyway since so many are blooming right now!) I don't remember last when I dusted on a Monday! =D

Oh, I want to mention that we asked Mike some questions about filing our I-600A form. On line #16, he said to write the USCIS Yakima office (for Washington State residents) and then also put on the American Embassy or Consulate line Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa. I hope this helps for anyone filling this form out. I noticed several entries on the yahoo group that were wondering about this same thing.

Thank you to everyone who is keeping up with this blog. It's fun and therapeutic to blog. I highly recommend it! No matter what you're going through in your life, journaling is a healthy way to get (or keep) your sanity!

1 comment:

AndreaWA said...

hey glad to hear it went so well!!! chat with you tommorow!

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa