Friday, December 19, 2008

Inspired to Pray

I've really been inspired to pray earnestly about our babies upcoming court date on Dec. 29th.
After hearing about numerous failed court dates by other prospective adoptive parents (PAP's) due to missing documents or the biological parent not showing up in court (as with relinquished children), I am starting to have fear and doubt. I know this IS NOT an emotion coming from God. So, I am praying for a flawless and smooth, successful passing of our court documents and that on Dec. 29, Ruby and Roman will officially be ours.
Will you join me in prayer?
Please ask God for His divine will be done above all else. (Yes, I guess this even means if we fail court on the 29th...He is in charge and He knows what He's doing).
Please pray for the judge that he finds clarity in the paperwork. Please pray for the Ministry of Women's Affairs that they find favor with the babies joining our family. A positive recommendation from MOWA is needed to pass court.
Please pray for Ruby's first mama. Pray that she has peace and hope. Prayers that she will have the strength she needs to come to court if summoned. Prayers for a healthy body, that she may be able to make a better life for herself. I feel a closeness to this woman who nurtured our baby girl for almost 7 months. We are family, even though we will probably never meet here on earth.
Prayer for Roman's first family. It must have taken such sacrifice to give up this tiny baby. Prayer that Roman's first mama is strong and healthy and that she may someday make a difference in her community. I know nothing about this woman. I do not know her age nor her name. But I know she gave birth to a son we will always share. I will never forget her and will always keep her near to my heart. I hope we will get to meet both of these woman in Heaven someday soon. I hope they know in their hearts that the babies they parted with are loved and cherished, even before they come into our home.
And of course, pray for Ruby and Roman that they will be healthy and happy. That their transition will be smooth when we finally meet.
Thank you for praying with our family and for our family.

8 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks for visiting our blog. I will be praying for your court date and I will add you to my blog roll so I can hear about your journey.

Blessings,

AB

Anonymous said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers! I know this waiting is soooo difficult! Get lots done now because once court passes it's a whirlwind of activity to get ready for the trip.
Hope to see you soon.
Kim P.

Unknown said...

I check your blog daily and will be reminded to pray often!!!

alpidarkomama said...

We'll be right there with you!

Tania said...

Keeping you in my daily thoughts and prayers. You will pass the first time, you will pass the first time....Sabah needs her BFF home! :)

Kim said...

I will also pray for you. I have been horrible about updating my blog, but I will try to very soon. I am anxious to hear your good news. I hop eyou had a wonderful Christmas. Love, Kim

Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited for all of you! Many prayers being said that results from today in court will be what is best for everyone. I'm anxious to see your post!

Anonymous said...

I can't find pictures!

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa