Friday, October 17, 2008

Announcing!!!!!!...............................

I don't even know how to begin this post, we're a little in shock right now...but here goes!
Last Tuesday I posted two polls for our readers to guess when we'd get our referral as well as any guess at which child will be older...or possibly twins.
I keep saying that our God has an awesome sense of humor because He chose that very night for our agency to call us with our referral!!!!!! Plus, with me going into surgery, it calmed our fears of anything 'bad' happening to me. I feel that this was God's message that He won't let anything happen because I have an expanding family to care for!

YES, We now know who our babies are! Ruby Kalkidan is our precious 7 month old baby daughter, and Roman Abinet is our sweet baby son, 11 weeks old. Kalkidan and Abinet are their Ethiopian names and we will keep them as their middle names.I will not be able to post photo's of them here until we bring them home. It is a strict policy to not put children online unless they have passed through courts and legally become ours.
I apologize for not updating our blog until now. This week has been a bit crazy (I had surgery on Wednesday and am still in the hospital).
So, now the really exciting stuff comes! Shopping for another crib, baby clothes, diapers, formula, wipes, the list goes on!!!
We are over the moon! Now we just have to wait for a court date and travel arrangements will have to be made.
Please continue to keep our family in your prayers. For me to have a quick recovery as for Ruby and Roman to be healthy and happy children.

Drubek

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear your wonderful news!!!!!! I love their names too! When you have a moment email me. I'd love to chat and see how your doing. I have been thinking of you and hope your feeling better. our email is chris and kim pasion @ mac. com (no spaces) SO HAPPY FOR YOU! You made my evening! Kim P.

A Whole new world for this Mom of boys. said...

Gods timing is always PERFECT!!!
What more can I say.........other than Congratulations......but I already said that a couple of days ago......I am SO SO happy for your family.....and can hardly wait to meet them.
Hope you're feeling well.
God Bless

blessedbigtime said...

WOW..what a great week for both of us! So excited for you. I bet your kids are so excited!
Diana

Dawn said...

How wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

SO SO EXCITING! And we are SO happy for you! I hope we get to see you again very soon. If you need anything or advice for traveling with two...just ask!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!!! Just found your blog through Diana @ blessed big time.

How exciting!!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca and Andrew!
Oh my goodness, I have gone off blog land for a couple of months and I come back to read you have a referral for two beauties. Congratulations!!! And what beautiful names, Ruby and Roman. And they are sooo young and you got your referral sooo fast (I am jealous!!!) Any way I hope you are all well and recovering from your surgery. I have made my blog private, if you would like access please email me at tickledpink . kim @ gmail.com with your email address and I will add you. Again congratulations and happy shopping!
Kim

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa