Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This week's funny accident

Hello, well, here I am back from near death...oh, I feel like I can be melodramatic right now. My "funny" involves me. It's actually not really funny, but I'll try to look at it this way. There have been several episodes since my accident happened that really are quite humorous, though.
First off, on Friday we were putting in new goat fencing. The T-post driver/pounder weighs about 25-30 lbs (I really should weigh it cuz I'm sure it's actually 150#s). The ground is very dry and hard. This combination is deadly when a 38 year old overly zealous woman decides to pound with all her might and get that dang post in! Well, instead, I ended up bringing that pounder right down on top of my head. After viewing several stars and falling to the ground, my family raced to my side. I was conscience and was able to talk and answer questions. My husband told my kids to get ice for my head and I said "Have them grab a bag of corn"...thinking of course that this would be quicker than filling a bag of ice. Well, (and I just love this part) my 9 y/o raced to the rescue. He arrived in seconds with a ziplock bag of 4 ears of frozen corn. Even though my head was on fire, I giggled at this sweet little boy running to grab the corn on the cob! My 12 y/o brought a bag of frozen cherries and that worked really well! I suffered a lump that filled the entire palm of my husband's hand. I am still having some side effects and will see the doctor this week. I'm sure it is nothing but I want to take any scary thoughts completely away that have been lurking in the back of my mind.
But I'll tell you, it's sure a GREAT reason any time I mess up on something! Ooops, forget to put the laundry in the dryer? Oh yea, I have a head injury. Broke a dish? Don't forget, I got a head injury! Can't remember which kid you are and I'm calling you by each pet's name? Ooooh, my aching head! (See? Funny stuff). I'll post more on this when I get the all clear from my doc!

Ciao,
Drubek

1 comment:

A Whole new world for this Mom of boys. said...

I laughed out loud when I read this.....Jordan did this same thing last summer.......the day before daily doubles started. He had this big knot on his head, and had to have a CT scan.......luckily he has a really hard head, but missed the first week of football practice. It's funny, but not really. Glad all is well!

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa