Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Where I'm From"

I am from fresh mown grass, from QuelQues Fleurs and home town parades.
I am from the old white farmhouse on the small hill overlooking the Territorial Days grounds.
I am from the lilac trees, the alfalfa hay piled high in the barn.
I am from family chores and fun in the outdoors, from Teal and WC and my sisters three.
I am from the crazy and surprising, horseback riding and barrel racing.
From being told I was found in a garbage can and someone had poured catsup on my head to make me have red hair. (The only truth to this is yes, I’m a redhead).
I am from Adventism. A historically rich and fascinating denomination, we believe in the Bible as God’s word to His people.
I'm from Hamilton, MT. with ornery sisters who delighted in torturing me. From wishing I was really an Ingall's with Ma, Pa and Laura. From homemade bread and strawberry rhubarb pie.
From the mother with 13 siblings, who shared a bed with four sisters…some of which pee’d the bed, the father who was the family clown and always has to be right, and the sisters who don’t see each other or spend time together even though they know they should.
From the old hinged box in my living room where the family pictures are so old they have turned yellow. Pictures of those I can't even name. The china hutch that holds the family Bible which dates back to 1863, with locks of ancestor’s hair and pieces of a dress that somebody wore the last time their loved ones saw them. Names like Elliot that I never even knew yet named my son the same. This is where I'm from.


Where are YOU from?? http://www.swva.net/fred1st/wif.htm The template is on this site. It's a fun little poem to write about your history. A great way to take yourself back in time and remember a few things you may have allowed yourself to forget.

No comments:

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa