Sunday, June 22, 2008

WE'RE INVITED!!!!

We are elated! We have had our FIRST milestone in our adoption journey where the government has made the first step in the paperwork process. We received our "invitations" to get our fingerprinting done. We will be fingerprinted this Friday, June 27 in Portland. Andrew's letter came on Friday and mine came on Saturday. This is so exciting because after our fingerprints are processed, the next document the CIS will issue is our I171h...the Gov. approval to adopt. Then, our dossier can be sent to Wa. DC and Ethiopia!
We really feel a part of this now!
On Sabbath, we had some friends over for lunch and we got to see how busy a toddler can be. He LOVES cabinets and getting into them. Yep, I did...I thought "I'm gonna be SO busy with two little ones!" But the feelings of worry and fear do not out power my excitement and joy at becoming a mommy of babies/toddlers all over again!

Drubek

3 comments:

blessedbigtime said...

Congratulations! We are with Dove as well. Our dossier arrived in Addia Ababa last Monday! :)
www.blessedbigtime.blogspot.com
Diana Thornley

Tania said...

Congratulations!! I also got my invitation on Friday. I am getting the prints done at the Portland office on the 27th as well. My appointment is at 10am....maybe I'll see you there.

We're getting closer. Soooooooooooooooooo exciting isn't it?!

Anonymous said...

You ROCK! Every time I see our blog I am impressed. Thanks for keeping this updated. I love you! Andrew

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa