Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Year. New Focus.





Blogging occasionally crosses my mind and I think about writing again. But seriously, who has the time? Who really reads this stuff?! I got a beautiful comment the other day by "anonymous". It simply said "Maybe the Ferguson's could find time to give an annual update? ;)" that made my day. It also made me cringe just a bit because it reminded me that someone was actually reading and wanting more. Soooo. Here I am.

My focus is going to change. I will not be dedicating this blog to the sole upkeep and parenting of my children. My.Adopted.Children. Specifically. In fact, I would like to remove the "A" word (Adoption) almost completely from my vocabulary. It doesn't really serve much purpose, other than to describe how our little family became complete (if it is?). And, using that word isn't very useful in every day conversation unless it's educating in a positive manner and helping someone else in their journey to expanding their lives through "a..." The main reason I hope to use the word a lot less is so that members of my family don't feel exclusive in one manner or another. We are all ONE. Team Ferguson. That's our goal. Work together, Play together, Irritate, Aggravate, Make Up, Love and Enjoy Life To The Fullest. There are already so many things to take away from these beautiful things. Oh, be sure, I will have healthy doses of toddler moments. Teen troubles and possibly even spousal debates! ;) All of which, I hope to add some humor and remind others that being human can totally suck but with a positive attitude, there is always a brighter side. (And if I can't find the sunshine, I will still be brutally honest).

So, with very little adieu, Cheers to my 'new' blog focusing on my utterly boring life and how I cope. Mom to 2 of the hardest age groups. Two teens & Two toddlers. Can you say "Yikes!" with me? Oh. And if that wasn't enough...I've been married to my VERY type A handsome hubby for almost 21 years.



Fantabulously Yours,
Red(hotmama)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are back posting. I have you on my blog list and check whenever you post an update. I, like you, have changed the focus of my blog from adoption. It's all about family - and sometimes, it's more personal, like my walk with God while being a mother, wife, daughter, sister and friend! Sure, lots of my posts are about my kiddos - and since I spend most of my time during the day with our most recent adopted (since the older two are at school) sometimes It seems to become adoption related - but it'a really all about kids and family! Good to have you back in the blog world. An annual update just isn't enough!

Rebecca and Andrew said...

Charity, Thank you for your very sweet words! I whole heartily agree...my spiritual walk with my Savior, friendships, personal growth or lack of (LOL), etc. I may be crass or blatant at points because I don't want to be one of those people who has to keep guessing what I'm about. Thanks for adding me to your 'faves'. I really appreciate it!! R.

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa