Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Well, our dossier is ready except for the HS, which is supposed to be ready for review by the end of this week. Then we will send everything off to Yakima, where the USCIS office is. They take however many months to review and approve and then we're in the lovely wait game.
I'm still remaining optimistic that we'll travel by next February. Reality is that we have no control and we just need to have patience. (Ok, for those of you who know us both, STOP LAUGHTING NOW!)
I am so tired. I'm pretty sure I've begun to nest, too. Ok, well, maybe it is actually lack of sleep (staying up late looking for a more 'fuel efficient, yet roomy" vehicle.) Since I am not quite willing to become a mini-van mama, the search is a little difficult. I think we have narrowed our search and somehow "veggie oil conversion" keeps coming up in Andrew's conversations. Ever the do it yourselfer, this topic has great appeal to him. (Blech! I like burritos but I don't want to smell like one after driving around town all day!)

Drubek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I came across your site from one of the yahoo boards. How exciting that your adopting from Ethiopia. We arrived home a year ago this week with a 4 month old baby girl. We also used Dove for our adoption and had a amazing experience. The paperwork and waiting is so difficult. You'll be in my thoughts. Kim P. (Portland)

Cameo said...

are you on the waiting list yet? Please forgive me but I haven't read thru your blog, found it thru Danita, but have you specified gender? So happy for you!

Welcome to our site! We hope you enjoy the information we share during our adoption journey. As we document this wild ride to bringing home our Ethiopian children, we hope you'll fall in love with this beautiful country as we have.

Washington State, USA



Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa